Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Gothic/Dark Fantasy Art of Rebecca Sinz

Hi Everyone!

As you know, my website presently showcases the fantasy art of computer games, so there's a lot of art out there that doesn't fit there at the moment. I can, however, introduce it to you on this blog.


Rebecca Sinz

Today, I'd like to introduce the art of Rebecca Sinz. In addition to the usual prints and a Zazzle store, she also hand-makes pendants and accepts special orders if a particular portrait is not presently in her Etsy inventory (though something feels a bit off to me about wearing close to your heart a pendant or cameo featuring a fictitious person).

Artists, especially prolific ones, frequently go through phases in their expression, and this artist has recently posted an interesting retrospective on her own work since 2003:

Art_Progression_2003_2008_by_Elvenstar83

Arctic Queen, by Rebecca Sinz

Fairy of the Autumn Wood, by Rebecca Sinz

The Ghost, by Rebecca Sinz

Paint It Black, by Rebecca Sinz

*

As you know, I store the pictures for my blog articles on Flickr. I frequently prep posts, and this artist's pictures have been on my Flickr account for a few days.
Check out these stats on January 20th. "Fairy of the Autumn Wood" is pretty popular, I guess. (^_^)

"Fairy of the Autumn Wood" views on January 20th, 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool site! I enjoyed checking out the evolution of your art. Best, SH

Anonymous said...

It's very interesting to see how her skill and talent increased. Very cool!!

Anonymous said...

It is also neat to see how her self confidence increased. As time progressed, her lines and colors became much more bold and sure. I do love all of them.

Find Fantasy Art

Popular Posts - All Time