Friday, December 5, 2008

Subtly Sexual? - The Fantasy Art of Amanda Robbins

Hi Everyone!

As you know, my website Fantasy Art and Portraits presently showcases the fantasy art of computer games, so there's a lot of art out there that doesn't fit there at the moment. I can, however, introduce it to you on this blog.

Today, I'd like to introduce the art of Amanda Robbins. Her "Earthly Realms" is of note for its combination of western winged angels and eastern dress.

You may find the colourful fairy-tale-ish art occasionally hints at stronger symbols or an understated eroticism that you might miss if you're just scanning through quickly. Here are a few which I feel have such "subliminal cues":

Tangled Seaweed, by Amanda Robbins

Flower Power, by Amanda Robbins

Nymph Queen, by Amanda Robbins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, these are whimsical, cute, happy and fun.

Find Fantasy Art

Popular Posts - All Time