Friday, November 7, 2008

Revealing the Fantasy in Photographs: The Digital Art of Catherine Somerlot

(This was originally posted at WordPress before we moved to Blogger)

Hi Everyone!

As you know, my website Fantasy Art and Portraits presently showcases the fantasy art of computer games. So, there's a lot of art out there that I "not able" to provide links to on my site. I can, however, introduce it to you on this blog!


Halloween 2008, by Catherine Somerlot

I recently came across Catherine Somerlot on Twitter and found her lovely work that turns photographs into fantasy art. I feel the best results occur when the components are virtually indistinguishable in the final composite, such as in "Halloween 2008" on the left.

You can view more of her compositions from her collection, "Maidens of the Otherworld". And don't overlook her photography, which you may find trumphs her fantasy art -- such as this "Mystic Woodland"

Mystic Woodland 1, by Catherine Somerlot

Updates:
January 5th 2009: Solo Exhibit
January 16th 2009: Interview

No comments:

Find Fantasy Art

Popular Posts - All Time