Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Fantasy Art of Computer Games #275 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Hi Everyone!

Once again, I'm the lucky recipient of yet another review copy from Ballistic Publishing -- you may know them from some of their other books, such as Exotique 5 and Character Modelling 3 which covered in extensive detail the Sony Playstation game Killzone 2.






Ballistic's latest book is The Art of Uncharted 2. I'm not a console player myself (I prefer the greater control and customization typically afforded by PC gaming), so this was my intro to the game as well. We'll review it shortly, but for the moment, if you're not familiar with the game series, here are some vids.

You can pre-order the paperback or Special Edition from Amazon, but I urge you to visit Ballistic's official site. Not only does it detail the leather-bound Special Edition, but also the Collector's Limited Folio Edition. And every copy of either the Special Edition or Limited Edition comes with a "a free 15-minute walkthrough video of three concept pieces from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The video shows pieces by Naughty Dog Art Director Robh Ruppel and Concept Artist Andrew Kim".

The first YouTube below is from the original game, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. When I was looking it up online, a non-gamer friend happened to be looking over my shoulder. When I explained it was a computer game intro, her jaw dropped--"I thought it was a video of something."



No comments:

Find Fantasy Art

Popular Posts - All Time